Oh me, oh my! This is the painting I accidentally destroyed with resin….
Basically I got greedy and poured too thick a layer and the heat from the chemical process burned the oil paint (even through 3 coats of varnish!) and dried horribly unevenly and full of bubbles. Too sad!!
Luckily it's a small painting so it won't take me too ridiculously long to repaint - oh yeah, I'm gonna - and I am able to replace the bees that are hovering over the flower shadows, which was a weird process in itself.
Initially I found both of the bees outside my bungalow, but I haven't found any more and I didn't want my finishing of the remade piece to be contingent on who-knows-when I'll find more bees so, like everything else one could possibly think of, I found dead bees for sale online. They are from beekeepers who find thousands of the lil guys thankfully expired of old age and for some reason there is enough of a market for the bodies that I'm getting three big ones shipped to me for about 17 bucks (in case you're wondering what the going rate for dead bees is these days )
If you'd like to see more about what went wrong with this pour and how to pour correctly here’s the link to this latest tutorial. Trust me, it’s not difficult to pour resin - you just have to be precise!